MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) – The Hogan Family YMCA in Madison re-opened at 11 a.m. Tuesday after closing for a short time due to a mysterious smell.
The YMCA posted an update on its Facebook page that the smell was from a bad ballast in a lighting fixture. The fixture was repaired.
Madison Police issued a notification shortly after 10 a.m. Tuesday that the facility was closing temporarily. Staff and patrons were moved out of the building as a precaution.
Police say the light fixture that blew was in the racquetball court area. No one was in there at the time.