Ability Plus to Celebrate 10th Anniversary with New Beginning Event on March 28
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Ability Plus is celebrating its 10th Anniversary with the New Beginning event on Friday, March 28 at the Davidson Center for Space Exploration in Huntsville.
The 10th Anniversary celebration will be an elegant and exciting event that celebrates an incredible and diverse group of individuals and caregivers who are building a rich heritage. This event promises to be a positive force bringing together Alabamians with intellectual disabilities with those who are generous contributors to the Huntsville/Madison County community.
Ability Plus will honor those patrons in the community who have continually contributed to the organization’s mission.
Ability Plus is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that maintains residential homes and day habilitation for individuals in north Alabama with intellectual disabilities. Ability Plus offers a community-inclusive home environment to those individuals.
Residential homes are maintained by trained staff to support the direct care and development of residents. Homes offer an enhanced quality of life with opportunities and challenges that are within the functional capabilities of each individual and provides physical and emotional security.
The residential homes provided by Ability Plus are designed to enhance the lives of Alabamians with intellectual disabilities by providing:
- A loving and compassionate family-like environment with 24-hour care and all the comforts of home
- Individualized supervision
- Supportive services that promote independence, maximum self-esteem, social, money management and domestic skills
- Services that encourage setting personal goals
- Opportunities that help reach their highest potential
- Services that enhance dignity, self-esteem and quality of life
- Scheduled social activities
- Individualized educational activities
Ability Plus limits the number of residents living in each house to ensure each individual receives quality support services in a family-like environment, while maintaining the comfort of home.
Each individual’s strengths, unique physical, psychological and social background, as well as the families are considered when setting their short and long-term goals.