Crossville Teacher Suspended for 15 Days
Kim Bolt (Photo Courtesy: Times Journal)
RAINSVILLE, Ala. – A Crossville Middle School teacher has been suspended for 15 days without pay.
Kim Bolt, who has more than 20 years of teaching experience, was suspended by the DeKalb County Board of Education on Thursday.
The board voted 3-1 to suspend Bolt, following a lengthy executive session.
DeKalb County’s assistant superintendent said the suspension has to do with job performance having to do with internet usage. He did not elaborate.
A WHNT News 19 viewer emailed us to say Bolt’s community started a petition to bring her back into the classroom. We’re told the group that started the petition feels the suspension was unjust.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it