DECATUR, Ala. (WHNT) – One person is looking for a temporary place to stay after a house fire in Decatur.
Firefighters believe food left on the stove is to blame for the fire.
Decatur Fire and Rescue crews responded to the home on Tower View Street just before 11:00 p.m. Sunday.
Crews arrived to find flames coming from the kitchen inside the home.
The fire destroyed the kitchen.
However, crews were able to extinguish the flames before it spread to the rest of the home.
No one was injured in the fire.
However, repairs will need to be completed before the homeowner can return.