LIMESTONE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – The Limestone County Emergency Management Agency and the National Weather Service in Huntsville have completed a preliminary damage assessment of storm damage received on Thursday.
They report the widespread damage and destruction of trees, power poles, lines and structures throughout the county due to damaging winds and a brief spin up tornado.
The National Weather Service in Huntsville has yet to determine the track of the storms and category of tornado.
Estimates and locations from the Limestone County EMA:
- Clements High School campus received minor damage
- Wright Road (off Hwy 72 W) – Two mobile homes with minor damage
- Cox Road, Allison Loop and Blue Springs Road (off Hwy 72 W) – Four homes with minor roof damage
- Bay Hill Marina – Homes and condominiums received minor damage
- Bay Hill Marina – Two vehicles destroyed
- Elkmont area – Homes received minor roof damage
- Several out buildings destroyed throughout county