Judge Declares Mistrial for Man Accused of Shaking Baby to Death
Gary Lee Wilbourn (Photo: Morgan County Jail)
DECATUR, Ala. (WHNT) – A Morgan County judge declared a mistrial Friday for a man accused of shaking his infant daughter to death in 2008.
The judge declared the mistrial during jury selection in Gary Lee Wilbourn’s trial. Testimony had not started yet.
Lawyers were having trouble scheduling witnesses, especially expert witnesses, for testimony.
Wilbourn is charged with capital murder and has been in the Morgan County Jail since his arrest.
His trial has been rescheduled for April 21.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it