Stores In Downtown Florence Open For Business During Winter Weather
FLORENCE, Ala. (WHNT) – On Tuesday, many stores and businesses across the valley shut down due to the winter weather. That wasn’t the case in downtown Florence.
Snow came down early Tuesday morning in the Shoals, and by noon much of it had melted. Some stores remained closed and others opened.
“We decided to open. The owner of the store and I discussed it. We figured probably the sidewalk and the streets wouldn’t be too icy or snowy especially once the sun got up. So we decided to open,” said Melissa Bain, manager at the Wine Seller.
Jewelry store owner Billy Hammock has been in business for 27 years in downtown Florence. He said he knows when he should close his store and he should keep it open.
“Today,we had exactly 14 customers come in. That would have been quite expensive for a jewelry store to miss 14 customers,” said Hammock.
Most business owners and store managers said they may open their doors on Wednesday, but the deciding factor will be the winter weather.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it