Rezoning Meeting Tonight at Lee High School
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Huntsville City Schools will take its rezoning plan on the road tonight. Parents – it’s your first chance to take a look at the plans in detail and ask questions.
The meeting will be held at Lee High School at 5 p.m.
Dr. Casey Wardynski, Superintendent, presented the plan at a board meeting earlier this month. The school system is still operating under a federal desegregation order. Dr. Wardynski says the plan ensures diversity and equality throughout the district.
The plan is exhaustive, and the school system is still working to get it approved by the Department of Justice. There are several rezoning changes outlined for a variety of schools. Please make sure you know how the plan affects you, whether you have children in school or not.
Meanwhile, there are separate negotiations about a D.O.J. plan, but those are confidential, Dr. Wardynski said. No details have been announced about that plan.
If you can’t make tonight’s meeting, here is the schedule for future meetings:
-Friday, January 31st – 5 p.m. at Grissom High School
-Saturday, February 1st – 9 a.m. at Huntsville High School
-Monday, February 3rd – 5 p.m. at Johnson High School
-Tuesday, February 4th – 5 p.m. at Butler High School
-Wednesday, February 5th – 5 p.m. at Columbia High School
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it