Featured Job: Medical Technologist
- Obtains blood specimens from patients and delivers specimens to the laboratory and/or sends through the transport system.
- Correctly identifies patients and specimens
- Provides technical support to the lab by receiving/processing requisitions/specimens and performing specified lab tests according to standard operating procedures.
- Responds to phone requests and enters lab test data into computer.
- Performs repetitive and complex laboratory analyses.
- Correlates and interprets laboratory data based on knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree required.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist from a nationally recognized credentialing agency, i.e., ASCP, HEW, or AMT.
- Maintaining active certification preferred.
- Experience as generalist strongly preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, requiring prioritizing and changing tasks frequently and quickly.
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality in the handling of patient information.
- Absolute integrity and accuracy in the identification and reporting of number and names.
Weekend and/or Holiday Rotation may be required.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.