TVA Conducting Safety Check on Guntersville Dam
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT)– The Guntersville Dam turned 75 back on January 16th. Now the facility is undergoing a health safety check.
For the next few weeks crews will be around the dam conducting tests. It’s to make sure that the concrete, metal and earth used to construct the facility is still strong.
“TVA’s dams are safe, and the health check is part of a continuous improvement program to make sure TVA’s dams meet today’s stringent industry safety standards,” according to a press release from the agency. “As part of the Guntersville Dam and Dike health check, TVA anticipates that core drilling from the greenway on the dike will require some closures and minor inconvenience.”
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it