Scale Back Alabama Begins Across the State
(WHNT) – The Alabama Department of Public Health will kick off the statewide weight-loss contest known as Scale Back Alabama on Thursday.
It’s a time where groups across Alabama compete to win up to $4,000 in prizes for losing at least 10 pounds each. In order to be eligible to win, all four members of the scale back team must lose at least 10 pounds in the allotted time period.
In order to participate, you must be at least 18 years old and be on a team of four people.
The important dates in the competition are below.
Scale Back Alabama 2014 Dates
- January 16 – Statewide Contest Kickoff
- January 18-24 – First Week of Contest; Beginning Weights Recorded
- March 8-18 – Voting for Team Name Contest
- March 19 – Team Name Contest Winner Announced
- April 5-11 – Final Week of Contest; Ending Weights Recorded
- April 25 – Final Event; Announcement of Winners and Prizes
If you’re interested in learning more about Scale Back Alabama, visit the website here.