Featured Job: Pharmacy General Manager
Guides and directs management in the development, production, promotion, and sale of pharmacy products and services.
- Direct development of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on Omnicare corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Maintain a sound plan of corporate organization and follow established policies and procedures to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
- Develop procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow.
- Follow company operating policies consistent with that of the Regional Vice President’s broad policies and objectives and ensure their appropriate execution.
- Evaluate the results of overall operations and regularly and systematically report the results to the Regional Vice President as required.
- Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood to the satisfaction of both parties.
- Ensure that all organization activities and operations are executed in compliance with state and federal regulations and laws governing financial and pharmacy operations.
- Promote and implement the process for Joint Commission for both Long Term Care Pharmacy and Home Infusion Pharmacy, as appropriate, compliance, SOP, purchasing, and clinical support of Omnicare clinical programs and formulary initiatives.
- Respect the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information and property .
- Access only the minimum amount of patient protected health information needed to perform your role well.
- Regularly oversee and monitor compliance with Omnicare’s clinical program objectives via reports from the Consultant Coordinator.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Customer Pharmacy Services policy and procedure manual.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Omnicare Long Term Care Pharmacy/Home Infusion Pharmacy Policy and Procedure Manual and internal pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Attend corporate and pharmacy meetings as required.
- Responsible for completing other projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Vice President or Omnicare management.
- Cross-trained to assist other areas such as delivery, pharmacy tech, and purchasing personnel if qualified and trained.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- College degree
- Knowledge of the long term care pharmacy industry
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex topics using reasoning abilities to apply advanced mathematical concepts and draw valid conclusions
- 5-10 years experience in health care management with a minimum of 3 years in long term care pharmacy
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.