Featured Job: Oracle Database Engineer
The candidate will be responsible for engineering, supporting, and maintaining the database infrastructure used in support of NEACC (NASA Enterprise Applications Competency Center) applications. The NEACC database infrastructure includes Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 11g and MySQL databases and leverages Delphix’s virtual database technology. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to support database administration functions as required.
- In-depth expertise (8+ years experience) with Oracle DBMS
- In-depth expertise (3+ years experience) with SQL Server
- Strong database management skills using Oracle
- Experience implementing and administering Oracle Dataguard on Red Hat Linux platforms
- Extensive experience in database design, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, database backup and recovery, SQL statement tuning, and Unix Shell scripting
- Extensive experience with OEM, Data Guard and backup procedures/tools;
- Good experience in switchover/failover procedure using Data Guard
- Strong experience with database compliance, security, and auditing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, provide documentation and work with internal and external customers
- Oracle and SQL Server database virtualization using Delphix
- Expertise (3+ years experience) with MySQL
- 3+ years experience developing client/server applications
- Strong database management skills using SQL Server and MySQL
- Experience configuring OEM to monitor health of Oracle DBMS servers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 10+ years of related experience.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.