Sooners Upset the Crimson Tide in 2014 Sugar Bowl

Posted on: 11:42 pm, January 2, 2014, by , updated on: 11:30pm, January 2, 2014

NEW ORLEANS, LA (WHNT) – The Oklahoma Sooners pulled off a big win Thursday against the Alabama Crimson Tide with a 45-31 victory in the 2014 Allstate Sugar Bowl inside the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

The third-ranked Crimson Tide finish the season 11-2 and 7-1 in the SEC while the 11th-ranked Sooners finish with an overall record of 11-2 and 7-2 in the Big 12.

• Weagle weagle war tostino pizza roll eagle!

• tim says:

Alabama , not a top 10 team, they suck,

• jamison-jones says:

Yeah..last night felt so good! I always believed that other than playing their way to the national chmapionships through bum teams, It was a matter of time before Alabama was exposed. Stuffing up the O-line is not exactly a coaching technique. I knew somebody would bust that scheme. Bob stoops took the elephants to the sky and they couldn’t jump! hahahaha..go sooners!

• Carol Poole says:

Now that was just mean and nasty. I’m an Auburn fan but I wanted it for my state. I’d be willing to bet you didn’t even go to collage.

• Mary says:

I am a die hard BAMA fan but last nights game was embarrasing…I will cheer for the Barners to bring home the National Title to the State of Alabama Monday night, I just wish the Barner fans had some class…You want to rag on bama when we lose but the minute we say something, we are just bad fans… ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

• Are you serious, right now?!?!?! We’re the one that have no class? Y’all badmouth us, if we win or lose and we don’t make death threats to our own players or do we poison anything in T-town… Calling us, “Barners” is classy. I guess you’re tired of being sore winners, so just sit in your corner and be a bad loser, for a change.

• Joe Oates says:

Please learn to spell college correctly. You make us look bad.

Yours truly, an Auburn Fan.

• jamison-jones says:

carole bet! you can barely spell the word ‘college’ and you call yourself educated?? i can also bet that you an alabama fan! i mean, sorry, it hurts so bad. hahaha

• Branko Pezdi says:

This game proved that the SEC is not as dominant in football as the locals make it out to be. Florida State by 14…..

• jamison-jones says:

don’t worry about my grammar! worry about oklahoma!.lol they beat the s****t out of your elephant butts. Stoops took you to sky and you could barely get off the ground!..hahahahahaha

• Paul says:

ROLL FLORIDA STATE ROLL!!!!!! I HOPE THEY BEAT THE BARNERS BY AT LEAST 28 AND I HOPE THAT MIDGET MASON RUSHES FOR MINUS 2 YARDS

• jamison-jones says:

i’m for auburn here….

• Michael Kewl says:

And who did not see this Bama loss coming???

Seems there is a new Champion for the State of Alabama on the horizon now!!!

• Paul says:

EXACTLY WHO WOULD THAT BE?? THE LUCKY GUS BUS. THATS LAUGHABLE AT BEST. AUBURN IS THE LUCKIEST BUNCH OF SOB’S I HAVE EVER SEEN AND THAT LUCK WILL RUN OUT WHEN FSU BEATS THE BRAKES OFF OF AUBURN!!!! ROLL FSU ROLL!!!!

• Tony says:

Sugar Bowl score update:
    Oklahoma Sooner
    Alabama Later

• preacher says:

Pride comes Before a fall Mr. Saban. Go Sooners! Auburn will B BCS champs. The Tide got ROLLED! Amen…