UPDATE: Limestone County Investigators Report Shooting In Elkmont

Posted on: 5:06 pm, November 29, 2013, by and , updated on: 08:52pm, November 29, 2013

scene1

ELKMONT, Ala. (WHNT) – Limestone County Sheriff’s Deputies are investigating a shooting in Elkmont.

Investigators say they responded to calls for help from a home on Upper Fort Hampton Road at around 4:00 pm Friday. They found a woman with a gunshot wound to the hand there.

Police arrested a man who was in that home earlier in the day on New Bethel road.  Deputies say the man  had been grazed by a bullet, but he refused treatment.

Limestone County investigators tell WHNT that they believe the shooting to be domestic in nature.

The man has been charged with violating a protection order against the woman.

Investigators have not released any additional  details about the incident.

• lataine key says:

Who was it?

• mega78 says:

I think the female should had been arrested also. She is as much to. blame as he was. PROTECTION ORDER REALLY? What is it these day’s justice for all or Justice for some?

• Lee Ann Black says:

Well I use to work with that man and he is unstable and dangerous. He is an alcoholic amongst other things. He made threats to all of us. He needs to be put away….

• mega78 says:

Well family dis agrees and Mrs.Black you are completely out of line he is a family member. So what ur trying say is that he should be put away but its ok what she did? Wrong because she knows what she did months back and I will make sure that she is punished for that regardless of what everyone else thinks.

• Lee Ann Black says:

yWell just stating a fact. As far as the NRA yes he may have had a gun ( I’m sure not legally knowing his past. It’s no longer my problem, but when a man comes to work severely intoxicated, comes to work with a pill bottle full of bullets with our names on them and flipping his knife open at coworkers than I have a right to my opinion and those aren’t accusations those facts. It is what it is. I don’t know her, but I do know him and very glad that I am glad I don’t have to come work in fear for my life and the life of my coworkers. I hate if I offend I’m just stating a fact.

• uright says:

T Mega.. I know her to she has warrant out on her . How did they miss that..

• uright says:

the women is trouble !

• uright says:

She will get what is coming to her ,,KARMA,,