As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will work in small self-motivated teams to design board or system (box) electronics products. You will create and specify mechanical components to meet product requirements for benign & rugged environments. You will, create 3D and 2D data packages to support the manufacture of your design. You will, evaluate the assembly for interferences, perform thermal & vibration simulations, validate the design with environmental, shock & vibration testing.
In this role, you will also:
- Utilize Solidworks family of tools to design, develop, modify and evaluate mechanical parts or components in support of product developments per customer requirements and industry standards
- Analyze equipment to establish operating parameters, conduct experimental tests and evaluate results
- Utilize test equipment to verify and validate product requirements
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability requirements
- Develop 3D models / 2D component drawings, bill of materials, thermal simulations and PCB component placement instructions for board outline and component height restrictions
- Develop specifications for mechanical design and test
- May interface with customers to ensure product /component performance to customer specifications and to appropriate standards
- Work in a team environment within the product development process to perform mechanical / thermal design, thermal simulation, structural simulation, PCB component placement / interference review, board commissioning and design verification testing
- Support and coordinate with interfacing disciplines such as electrical designers, PCB layout designers, Sourcing, Manufacturing, component suppliers, customer support, and product management
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of mechanical design experience
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT: As a company supplying products and services directly and indirectly to the US Government, this position requires US citizenship or a US Person as defined by ITAR Regulations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience with thermal simulation and 3D modeling
- Experience designing to meet shock and vibration requirements
- Experience designing electronics products to meet requirements for ESD, RF emissions and RF susceptibility
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must be proficient with product development processes
- Experience designing conduction cooled and air cooled electronics products
- Experience designing to VME, CPCI, VPX, XMC, PMC and VITA
- 48.5 industry standards
- Experience managing relationships with customers and suppliers
- Six Sigma training
- Experience designing electronics products for CE certification
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.