DECATUR, Ala. (WHNT) -- Crews responded to the scene of a fire in Decatur.
It happened at about 11:00 Thursday night at a residence on the 500 block of 5th Avenue NW.
Emergency responders say flames and smoke were coming out the front door of the building. There were two people inside the unit that caught fire. The residents broke out a front bedroom window to escape.
One person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Firefighters say they think the fire started in the kitchen. Crews were able to put the fire out before it spread to the other unit of the building.