BBB Names Winners of 2013 Torch Award for Ethics
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) –The Better Business Bureau of North Alabama hosted its 16th Annual Torch Awards celebration today at the Von Braun Center in Huntsville and announced the winners and finalists of its Torch Award for Ethics.
The BBB also recognized five North Alabama “Students of Integrity” who were selected to receive this years’ Torch Scholarships. GaN Corporation, a Huntsville based company and Nucor Steel – Decatur served as the event’s Presenting Sponsors. Both companies were winners of the 2011 Torch Award for Ethics.
More than 275 companies and non-profit organizations were initially nominated for the Torch Award for Ethics.
The BBB awarded the 2013 Torch Award for Ethics to:
- LEAN Frog Business Solutions, Inc. in the Small Business Category (1 to 25 employees)
- AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists in the Mid-Size Company Category (26-99 employees)
- BP Amoco Chemical Company – Decatur Site in the Large Business Category (100+ employees)
- Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) in the Government Contractor Category
- National Children’s Advocacy Center in the Non-Profit Category
The Torch Awards for Ethics celebration also included the 12th annual presentation of Torch Scholarships which are made available to juniors and seniors in North Alabama. When submitting an entry for the Torch Scholarship, students are asked to write a 400 word essay on what Ethics in the Marketplace means to them.
Scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00 each were presented to Brittany Christain of Haleyville High School, Phoebe Finch of Deshler High School, Morgan Gaston of Guntersville High School, Alec VanWagnen of Clements High School, and Matthew Wilson of Sparkman High School.