Huntsville Hospital Imaging Services offer Lung Cancer Screening CT
Lung cancer kills more people than breast, prostate, colon, liver, melanoma and kidney cancers combined. Now, Huntsville Hospital is conducting a Lung Cancer Screening CT.
You must have a physician’s order and meet the following criteria:
- Older than 50
- More than a 20-pack/year history of smoking
AND one of the following:
- High radon exposure
- Occupational exposure to either silica, cadmium, asbestos, arsenic, beryllium, chromium, diesel fumes or nickel
- Personal history of lung cancer, lymphoma, head or neck cancer
- Family history of lung cancer
- Personal history of COPD or pulmonary fibrosis
Some insurance plans cover screening costs. For patients who choose to pay out-of-pocket, the screening cost is $250.
For more information about a lung cancer screening CT, call (256) 265-8236.