International Paper to Hold External Job Fair for Employees
LAWRENCE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – International Paper is hosting an external job fair Thursday and Friday in Courtland.
Please note: The job fair is only for employees of the Courtland Mill. It is not open to the public. All Courtland Mill employees must present their employee badge to enter the job fair.
The news comes after the company, Lawrence County’s biggest employer, would be closing it’s Courtland mill. The closure, expected to impact 1,100 employees, is scheduled to be complete by the first quarter of 2014.
The job fair will take place Thursday and Friday from 1:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Courtland Baptist Church, 615 Tennessee Street.
More than 30 companies are scheduled to participate in the job fair.
Here is a list of the participating companies:
- Advanced Technology Services
- Alabama Department of Corrections
- Alabama Power – A Southern Company
- American Process
- Boise Cascade
- Cherokee Nitrogen
- First Quality Enterprises, Inc.
- Graphic Packaging
- Hoist & Crane
- Kruger Products
- Luminant Utilities
- Mississippi Power – A Southern Company
- New Page Corporation
- Nichols Aluminum
- Packaging Corp of America
- Paragon Mgmt Group
- Resolute Forest Products
- Southern Heat Exchanger Corp
- Sonoco Products
- ThyssenKrupp Steel
- Turner Industries
- Willo Products
- Yates Construction
- Woman's Auto-Payments Hid Her Death for Six Years
- Chrysler: Rare Dodge Viper Used for Educational Purposes Must Be Destroyed
- EXCLUSIVE: Scottsboro Police Looking For Three People Suspected Of Passing Counterfeit Bills
- BREAKING: New Hope Furniture Store Burnt Down, Traffic Backed up on Highway 431