New Details: Two Killed In Limestone County Wreck

Posted on: 11:59 pm, October 29, 2013, by and , updated on: 02:29pm, October 30, 2013

LIMESTONE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – Alabama State Troopers have released some preliminary details about a wreck that killed two people late Tuesday night in Limestone County.

It happened on Highway 251, near the intersection of Beatline Road, about 11:45 p.m.  That’s about four miles north of Athens.

Two vehicles were involved, a GMC passenger car and a 2000 Saturn.  State Troopers say Korryn Young, 25, of Athens, was driving the Saturn.  She died.

Troopers say they are still working to identify the man who was driving the GMC.  Sadly, he was severely burned and also died.

Investigators say the driver of the GMC was driving on Beatline Road, and lost control.  The vehicle crossed onto Highway 251, colliding with the car, which was traveling southbound on 251.

Crews closed Highway 251 for several hours after the wreck.

• charlotte says:

Prayers for all envolved!

• megan says:

Charlotte can we get a Prayer Chain going for the families thats involved in this horrible accident. Prayers going out to the God Lord.

• megan says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of everyone involved. And also a awesome responce from the Limestone County Sheriffs office. Sheriff Blakely has some of the finests officers in his department. Great job to you all. And also to Athens Limestone Ambulance service and East Limestone Volunteer Fire Department.

• megan says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of everyone involved. And also a awesome responce from the Limestone County Sheriffs office. Sheriff Blakely has some of the finests officers in his department. Great job to you all. And also to Athens Limestone Ambulance service and East Limestone Volunteer Fire Department and to the other departments that have responsed to the accident….

• Michael Kewl says:

Drive less, stay home…save lives!!!

• Madison City Girl says:

No Man knows the day, nor the hour!! Drive less, stay home…. save lives makes no sense!! Praying for the family of both victims… also praying for you too Mr. CRUEL… and yes I meant to spell it this way!! Your comments are always put in a sarcastic way!!

• Carrie says:

I know the mother of the young lady that was in the car she left behind a beautiful baby boy and will be deeply missed. Prays to everyone involved in the crash and those who worked the crash to solve what had happened.

• judyedits4u says:

This is so sad to hear, and my prayers go out to all the families involved. I pray that you will find God’s peace and love during this time in your lives. I have lost loved ones, and I can honestly say there are no words that will help. I pray you have fellowship with people who will hug you and hold you close to their hearts every day.

• socertified60 says:

I know the young man that was burned–He leaves behind 2 beautiful sons he will be Deeply missed–Prayers for both families! Gone 2 Soon :-(

• laura says:

I also knew the guy involved in the car wreck, he was a good friend with a great heart. Such a horriable thing to happen so early.. we will miss you :”(

• Jennifer says:

Has the name been released for the Man that was involved?