Update: Highway 431 Open After 18 Wheeler & Train Collide in Albertville

Posted on: 5:39 am, October 24, 2013, by , updated on: 05:37am, October 24, 2013

MARSHALL COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – Highway 431 south is back open after a collision involving a Wayne Farms feed truck and a train.

Authorities say it happened around 2:00 a.m. at the railroad crossing between Rose Road and Highway 75 in Albertville.

Paramedics transported the driver of the 18 wheeler to Marshall Medical South in Boaz, then to Huntsville Hospital.

His injuries are considered serious, but not life-threatening.

Watch WHNT News 19 This Morning for updates on this breaking story.

• Diane says:

I live in Albertville ,they need to install the railroad arms . I’m surprise that more have got hit are killed. They will do something when some one gets killed files suit on them.

• chris schreij says:

if you cant see something as big as a train you dont need to be driving

• Angie Gore says:

Diane, I agree with you. I also live in Albertville. I’m always on the look out for … when I was a teenager I had a close call. I had the music blasting as so many people do now and didn’t hear the train just happened to look and see it in time. I think it should be mandatory for all train intersections.

• Paula says:

I have thought the same thing for yrs. Hwy 431 is a busy hwy and needs the arms that come down

• shelly taterhead says:

that is so awful!

• Good_Point says:

I don’t think arms need to be installed at that intersection. Trains are constantly pulling forward, backing up, sitting still, etc. Besides that you can see for a half mile in either direction not to mention the flashing red lights, train whistle, rumbling of locomotive, and light on the train. If it was two in the morning the warning lights would have been visible, the light on the train would have been visible, the train whistle should have been easily heard. It is unfortunate and I am glad no one died but I personally don’t think it is necessary for me to have to sit at the crossing for 15 minutes while the tracks are switched over and the train is stopped and idling. I think looking both ways, acknowledging the status of the warning lights and simply paying attention at this train crossing is more than sufficient.