Ethan LyBrand March set for November 2nd benefits MDA
Join the Ethan LyBrand March for MDA on November 2nd at Delano Park in Decatur.
Ethan LyBrand is a four year old, who in June of 2011, was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, or DMD, is a genetic disease that causes muscular degeneration, difficulty walking and breathing, and ultimately death. A child with DMD is usually wheelchair dependent by age 12 with life expectancy of late teens to mid-twenties.
Continued research is vital in finding treatments and, hopefully, a cure for Muscular Dystrophy. Funding such research is one way to support Ethan in his journey.
Registration begins at 8:00 am and the march begins at 9:00 am.
The fee is $25 and all participants will receive a t-shirt.
The day will include a one-mile walk, food, games, door prizes, raffles, and Pepsi products as well as the Decatur High School Band leading the march! Furry friends on a leash are welcome. Come out and help support this event!
All proceeds from this event will go directly to MDA specifically for Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy Research.
If you are unable to attend but would still like to donate please go to your nearest Peoples Bank location to make a donation directly to the Ethan LyBrand’s Walk Benefit Fund.
Click here for more information, to make an on-line donation or register for this event.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it