Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Wendy’s at 7921 US Hwy 431 in Albertville: Score of 84
- Raw beef at 48 – 55 degrees, No timer on tempered cheese.
- Failure to comply with condition of variance for tempered cheese.
Wendy’s at 595 U.S. Hwy 431 in Boaz: Score of 83
- Unlabeled cleaner bottles.
- Excessive grease spill on dumpster pad.
- Raw beef at 48 degrees, cheeses at 48 – 52 degrees.
Furniture Factory Bar & Grill at 619 Meridian Street in Huntsville: Score of 81
- During the inspection, ice machine was observed not being clean.
- During inspection, chicken cooked in the establishment day without date marking.
B & K Grocery at 14998 Brownsferry Road in Athens: Score of 66
- Plumbing cut/sewage on ground outside.
- Excessive flies.
- Outside faucet backflow issues.
- Dirty meat slicer.
- Sponges used to wash dishes.
- Lacks Food Safety Course Certificate.
A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
Previous Failing Scores for B & K Grocery: June 28 2013, March 15 2013, May 10 2013.
Golden Spoon Award:
Marco’s Pizza at 2315 Bob Wallace Ave in Huntsville: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.