Several Hurt in 7-Vehicle Wreck on Hwy. 431 in Guntersville
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Seven vehicles were involved in a wreck shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday on Highway 431 in Guntersville. It happened near Cracker Barrel.
At least four people were injured, some of them seriously. They were taken to Marshall Medical Center and Huntsville Hospital, a few by helicopters that landed at the Marshall County Tech School nearby.
There was also another wreck in traffic that was stopped due to the initial wreck.
Police say the initial collision was two separate wrecks caused by the same pickup truck. Guntersville’s Traffic Homicide Unit is working to figure out the cause.
Guntersville Police and Fire worked for several hours to clear both sides of the road.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it