Cedar Plant Catches Fire
MADISON COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – Madison County volunteer firefighters were called out to a business fire.
The fire broke out just after 1:00 a.m. Tuesday at Giles and Kendall Cedar Plant in the 3400-block of Maysville Road.
Employees say crews were welding in one of the buildings Monday. That may have caused a small, smouldering fire.
The chip building was filled with smoke by the time crews got there. Firefighters had to wait for management to cut power to the business before they could put water on the fire.
There was no significant damage.
Firefighters stayed on the scene for a couple hours to make sure the fire was out.