MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) – It’s Football Friday. Week two features a match-up between the Bob Jones Patriots and the James Clemens Jets in the so-called Madison Bowl.
There’s a lot more planned for the big game besides football. It’s also Military Appreciation Night. An estimated 7,000 fans from both schools are expected for tonight’s game. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m. at Madison Stadium.
This will be the second year Bob Jones and James Clemens will square off on the football field. While football is the main event, there is no shortage of recognition for our nation’s military.
Here’s what comes along with Military Appreciation Night:
- Anyone with a military ID will get their ticket for half-price. Discounted tickets can be purchased at the stadium’s southernmost gate.
- World War II veteran Joe Caldaron will perform the coin toss. Leaders from the Army Materiel Command and Marshall Space Flight Center will also be in attendance.
- There will also be displays set up from various military services.
- A fireworks show is also planned, along with a joint performance from the two high school bands.
- And cadets from Bob Jones and James Clemens ROTC programs will be in attendance to welcome fans.