Function as a member of design teams consisting of engineers and drafters led by a senior engineer in executing aircraft modifications. Work under general supervision to support and design aircraft structural modification and retro-fit installation. Conduct research on existing components to obtain specification and vendor drawing data. Create technical drawing data packages to explicitly define designed products. Review engineering drawings. Support and participate in design reviews with internal and external customers. Assist with the development of structural substantiation reports using classical stress analysis.
- 2 years of experience with aircraft component design
- Experience with SolidWorks or solid modeling software
- Experience with classical hand calculations or Finite Element Analysis
- Knowledge of material strength
- Ability to interface with team members and across multiple divisions to resolve technical issues
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree in ME from an ABET-accredited program
- Experience with aircraft drawings and specifications
- Experience with military hardware and specifications
- Experience with FEMAP, NASTRAN, or Lab View-Experience with Solid Edge, Solid Works, or AutoCAD
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.