Police Make Arrest in Deadly Hit & Run in Madison
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Police have made an arrest in a deadly hit and run that happened in 2012 in Madison.
Brad LeLand Hill, a pedestrian, was struck by a vehicle on July 12, 2012 on Highway 20 near Slaughter Road. The driver left the scene. Hill later died.
Police collected debris and other evidence left on the roadway that helped them identify a suspect. They obtained a warrant for Trinidad Alonso, 27, of Madison.
After an investigation that lasted several months, the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force tracked Alonso down. They arrested him Wednesday, August 28 at a restaurant in Lincoln, Alabama.
Alonso is charged with felony leaving the scene of an accident. He is currently in the Madison County Metro Jail, being held without bond.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it