Fire at Checkers Restaurant on University Drive

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — The Checkers fast food restaurant on University Drive caught fire Tuesday morning.  A HEMSI supervisor was passing by the restaurant just before 2:00 a.m. and noticed smoke and flames coming from the roof.  Investigators say the fire was in the grease vents.

According to firefighters, the roof is heavily damaged but the inside of the restaurant only has smoke damage.

Checkers is closed until repairs can be made.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 732 other followers