Featured Job: Network Technician II ( Cisco/Electrical Install/LAN)
- DURATION – 9-12 months Contract ( Extension depending on client )
- 18 POSITIONS
- CANDIDATES HAVE TO PASS A BACK GROUND CHECK
- Network Technician II performs installation and AMC activity for network equipment. — Network Technician II distributes and unpacks boxes containing network devices weighing approximately 50 lb each; places the devices in racks; plugs in pre-terminated cable; and runs jumpers, cross-connects, and wiring as required.
- Network Technician II completes and terminates carrier circuits (T-1, T-3, Optical Carrier) to network equipment.
- He or she manually inputs an initial operating configuration and verifies device boot-up, as required.
- He or she installs equipment configurations using pre-configured Cisco NCM templates.
- He or she disconnects and removes old network devices, associated cabling, cross-connects and disposes of boxes and packing material.
- He or she provides as-built data to update the configuration database for communications and peripheral equipment associated with LANs.
- Network Technician II also analyzes and troubleshoots complex technical problems or issues. He or she can develop standard configuration templates for the Cisco NCM.
Network Technician II must be able to work overtime, rotating weekends, and evenings; support on-call duties; and travel to support other regional sites as required. — A MUST
The following criteria is required:
- Possess an associate’s degree or equivalent experience in network systems.
- 6 years of network technology experience, including configuring Cisco LANs and 802.11 wireless LANs, and Cisco IOS.
- Must have some knowledge and experience with networking systems and information technology (IT) infrastructure beyond the LAN environment, such as Routers and other network appliances.
- Some experience with other vendor’s (in addition to Cisco’s ) network and IT infrastructure equipment is desirable.
- Must be capable of utilizing information gathered from sniffers and other sources to analyze and troubleshoot simple application-performance problems.
- Demonstrate good customer skills, the ability to work independently to complete assignments, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Be able to provide direction and assistance to teammates.
- Have knowledge of IETF and IEEE standards, the National Electric Code, and the National Electric Safety standards.
- Have excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Be a United States citizen, or an individual who the client and Supplier mutually agree otherwise qualifies as a U.S. Person under applicable export control laws and regulations.
- Someone who goes into the server room and puts in the box, wires the box with cables, runs the wires, possible connects or disconnects electrical power sources as needed. More of a field Tech person
– Be able to lift 50 lb. — A MUST
If you are available and interested, please send in your updated resume in Word format along with rate expected/hour, location preference, contact details with a good time to contact
To apply for this job click here.