Scottsboro Woman Charged With Putting Small Girl in Danger
SCOTTSBORO, Ala, (WHNT)– Scottsboro Police charged a woman with an incident that took place at a local motel. Teresa Williams is charged with child endangerment, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
“Our officers received a call to a local motel over on Highway 72 that a toddler was running loose in the parking lot,” said Scott Matthews with Scottsboro Police. “There was no adult supervision around the child.”
Police say when officers got to the motel the two-year-old girl had wandered back into the room at the Country Hearth Motel on Highway 72. Officers went inside and questioned Williams.
“During the investigation officers located a small amount of meth-amphetimine in the room,” said Matthews. “And items of drug paraphernalia in the room.”
Police say Williams was not the child’s mother, but was taking care of her. The mother is not expected to face any charges. However, officials from the Department of Human Resources were called to the scene to check on the girl.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it