New Walmart to Replace Mason Plaza Shops
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – An update to a story we first brought you on July 2: The businesses located at the Mason Plaza shopping center have been given notice to vacate their shops by December 1, according to Huntsville City Councilman Bill Kling.
Just across from the Walmart location on the Parkway and Drake Avenue, the Mason Plaza shopping center tenants were less than thrilled about the move.
Also not thrilled about the move, Councilman Kling talked to WHNT in July about the new Walmart.
“I think there are legitimate concerns,” said Kling, who does not support the proposed move. “The impact on neighborhoods, also, the traffic congestion that would be created…I do understand the state highway department would have to give their approval because this would impact the Parkway service road, and there’s some very significant traffic concerns they’re going to have to look at carefully.”
Neither Walmart nor the Mason Plaza owners have commented about the move.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it