Natural Gas Fire Burns Out In Jackson County
JACKSON COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – A natural gas fire has burned out in Jackson County after the line exploded Friday morning. The flames died down by approximately 3 p.m., officials said.
The Jackson County Emergency Management Agency said a work crew contracted by ALDOT was putting in guard rails when it hit 10-inch gas line around 11 a.m. A truck also caught fire, but no one was hurt.
The explosion happened in the area near Alabama Highway 79 and Jackson County Road 77 near Scottsboro. Traffic was diverted from the area for several hours while the fire died down.
The explosion could be heard from several miles away, WHNT News 19′s Carson Clark reports.Submit Your Photo