Featured Job: Collaboration Services Engineer
The candidate will support the designing, costing, scheduling, installing, upgrading, maintaining, and support of video and voice teleconferencing systems for NASA Agency-wide. The candidate will provide support as a team who specializes in large Full-Service (controlled) video conferencing rooms, Multi-Media systems, and custom solutions.
BS and 4 years of technical training and/or AV experience with voice and data telecommunications.
1. Be familiar to proficient in Certification Test Plans
2. Utilizing approved Customer requirements, provide design, cost and schedule within the current CSO framework
3. Generate test and stage plans, implementation plans and lessons learned
4. Perform site surveys and gather data whether utilizing Customer input, visual inspection or both. Propose an engineering design based on information gathered during Site surveys
5. Research, testing and development of applications for new teleconferencing technologies
6. Familiar to proficient in drawing programs (VISIO, CAD)
7. Familiar to proficient in Microsoft Project
8. Familiar to proficient in PowerPoint
9. Familiar to proficient in rack wiring
10. Assist in the design of user interface for touch panel control system.
11. Familiar to proficient in circuit configuration, teleconferencing bridging and troubleshooting. Provide 2nd line troubleshooting to isolate technical problems of network and room equipment
1. Generation and presentation of Virtual Reality drawings
2. Hardware installation, testing and troubleshooting
3. Training Users in the use of an application, to include the development and distribution of training materials and user operation guides
4. Familiar with AMX software applications (touch panel interface)
5. Familiar to proficient in the conducting of presentations