Update: Hartselle Shooting Suspect Caught
HARTSELLE, Ala. (WHNT) — Hartselle Police say the suspect in a shooting Wednesday morning at an Exxon gas station is in custody.
Lt. Justin Barley said investigators got a tip Amanda Westmoreland Engle was at County Road 1078 in Vinemont. They caught her there without incident.
Police also found a red Ford Taurus in a field about a mile from the home. She reportedly left the scene in the car.
Police say Engle is currently being held in the Hartselle City Jail. She is charged with first-degree theft at this time, relating to the car. No bond has been set yet.
Police say the victim, Sam Martin, 38, of Hartselle, walked in the Hartselle Exxon at the corner of Highway 31 and Highway 36 about 4:54 AM. He said his girlfriend, Westmoreland, had shot him.
Martin underwent surgery this morning at Huntsville Hospital. He is expected to recover. We understand he was shot in the shoulder.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it