Do you know a company or non-profit that shows a commitment to excellence and integrity? The Better Business Bureau of North Alabama is accepting nominations for the 2013 Torch Awards.
The Award was developed in 1998 to promote the importance of ethical business practices, and to recognize companies that go the extra mile in being fair and honorable.
If you know of a deserving business or non-profit, fill out the nomination form online. Or, you can request a nomination form by calling the BBB at (256) 533-1640 or (800) 239-1642 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can even nominate your own company. The deadline to make your nomination is August 23, 2013.
An independent panel will review the nominations and consider several criteria, including:
• High Ethical Standards of behavior towards customers, suppliers, shareholders, employees, and communities in which they do business
• Demonstrated ethical practices surrounding their buyer/seller relationships
• Longstanding history and reputation for ethics in the marketplace
• Marketing, advertising, communications, and sales practices which are truthful in representing the product/service being offered
• Ethics policies that are effectively communicated to employees
• Training programs that assist employees in carrying out established ethics policies
Winning companies are eligible to compete at the national level for the Council of Better Business Bureaus’ Torch Award.
Companies and non-profit agencies in Colbert, Cullman, DeKalb, Franklin, Jackson, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Morgan and Winston counties are eligible.
The BBB will honor the finalists and winners at the 2013 Torch Award Luncheon in November at the Von Braun Center North Hall.