Man Wanted on Capital Murder Warrant In Decatur Caught in Detroit
Ryan Caudle (Photo: Decatur Police Dept.)
DECATUR, Ala. (WHNT) – Decatur Police have arrested a man on a capital murder warrant from a case last month. The suspect, Ryan Caudle, was caught in Detroit.
The crime happened June 18. Decatur Police got a call about a burglary in progress at 1402 Mitchell Pines Trail SE.
Police say a woman reported two men were inside her home, demanding money from her and James Patrick Travers, who also lived there.
Travers tried to run from the home and was shot. He collapsed along Highway 31 and died.
During the investigation, police identified Ryan Oneal Caudle as a suspect. They couldn’t find him, though, and believed he had left Alabama.
On Monday, July 29, police obtained a warrant for Caudle charging him with capital murder.
U.S. Marshals joined in the search for Caudle and caught him in Detroit. He is being held there, and Decatur Police are in the process of interviewing him. He is being held in the Wayne County, Michigan Jail pending extradition to Alabama.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it