Inspectors Got Beef with Breakfast Joints
Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Waffle House at 1635 Hughes Rd. in Madison: Score of 81
- Excess grease on the ground at the grease bin.
- Eggs cold holding at 68F.
- Sausage gravy hot holding at 99F.
Waffle House at 1507 Hwy. 72 E. in Athens: Score of 70
- Spatula has melted handle.
- Cracked Ice bucket.
- Ice maker needs cleaning.
- Cheese 53 & 51, ham 60F.
- Drinks on table w/cup and above to go clam shells.
- Cup on ice maker.
- Bare hand contact w/RTE foods.
Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse at 14401 US Hwy 431 in Guntersville: Score of 80
- Skimmer found with broken wires.
- Sanitizer rinse issues with dish machine.
- Sushi rice at 105 degrees with no timing procedures, eggs held at room temperature.
Golden Spoon Award:
Menchie’s at 283 Cox Creek Parkway in Florence: Score of 99