Car Hits HEMSI Ambulance; 2 Paramedics Hurt
MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) – Two HEMSI paramedics were hurt Monday afternoon when their ambulance was hit from behind.
Madison Police say the ambulance had just come off I-565 west and was on the Wall Triana exit waiting in traffic. Another vehicle hit the ambulance in the rear.
Both members of the HEMSI crew were hurt, and taken to a nearby hospital in separate ambulances. They were transporting a patient, but that person was not injured. Another ambulance came to transport the patient.
The Wall Triana exit from I-565 west is closed for the time being until police clear the scene.
-Story updated Monday 3:23pm
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it