3M is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Electronics & Energy Business, Film Manufacturing & Supply Chain Operations Division.
Job Summary: The person hired for the position of Systems Engineer will primarily be responsible for architecting, documenting, developing, and maintaining mission-critical manufacturing software systems at the 3M Decatur, AL facility.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and/or participate in significant software development projects utilizing .NET technologies, working both independently and in team settings
- Provide technical consulting on complex strategic initiatives in one or more phases of application development
- Interact with users to determine systems functional and usability requirements
- Guide, assist, or mentor others in the Microsoft .NET Stack, industry best practices, and specific internal procedures and standards
- Keep pace with current technology trends and incorporate that knowledge appropriately
Location: The person hired for the position of System Engineer will be located in Decatur, AL and relocation assistance may be available within 3M Policies. This position may include up to 10% travel.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience
- Bachelors degree or higher in computer science and/or engineering from an accredited university
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 10+ years experience working in the software industry
- 5+ years experience in working in software architecture
- Experience refactoring systems using object-oriented design patterns
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Mocking Frameworks
- Experience with Entity Framework, WCF, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, REST, and SOAP
- Experience with Microsoft SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Subversion
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
- Commitment to continuing professional development