HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Pride Home Entertainment Showcase caught fire in Huntsville Thursday, shutting down South Memorial Parkway at Hobbs Road.
At about 2:30 a.m., passersby saw smoke pouring from the business. Huntsville Fire Department was on the scene within minutes.
The first crews reported fire and smoke coming from the store. They went ahead and made a second alarm to get more engines and crews to the scene. A third alarm was eventually made on this business fire.
They shut down South Memorial Parkway from Redstone Road to Hobbs Road to lay a supply line. Thirty minutes into battling the fire, heavy smoke still poured from the building.
About 20 firefighters worked to get the fire under control.
At this time, it is not clear what started the fire.
South Memorial Parkway has since reopened.