“National Beef” Ground Beef Recalled Due to Possible E. Coli Contamination
Photo: MGN Online
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WHNT) – The Department of Agriculture and Industries Consumer Food Safety Inspectors are conducting a recall on 22,737 pounds of raw ground beef products from the National Beef Packing Co. that may be contaminated with E. coli.
The following products are subject to recall:
• 10 lb. packages of “National Beef” 80/20 Coarse Ground Chuck, package code “0481.”
• 10 lb. packages of “National Beef” 81/19 Coarse Ground Beef, package code “0421.”
• 10 lb. packages of “National Beef” 80/20 Fine Ground Chuck, package code “0484.”
All these products have a “USE BY/SELL BY DATE” of June 14, 2013, and bear the establishment number “EST. 208A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. The products were produced on May 25, 2013, and shipped to various institutions and retail establishments in Texas, Tennessee, Kansas, Mississippi, Illinois, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama and Arizona.
Routine Food Safety and Inspection Services monitoring discovered a positive result for E. Coli
Consumers with questions should contact the company at (877) 857-4143 for details about the recall and their return and reimbursement policy. Additional information can be found at www.nationalbeef.com.
- UPDATE: Gurley Police Chief Dies from Self-inflicted Injury
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI, State A.G. Investigating Public Corruption Case In Office Of Former Madison Co. Commissioner
- Man Indicted for Second Degree Murder of Country Singer Wayne Mills
- Former Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Indicted on Theft Charges