Five Injured in Huntsville Crash
It happened at about 12:45 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of University and Wynn Drives.
Huntsville police say one vehicle was turning from University to Wynn when it was hit by another car traveling the other direction on University Drive.
The collision sent one car into a pole. The passenger of that car was trapped for nearly half an hour while emergency crews cut the door off to get her out.
Five people were transported to the hospital. Three had minor injuries, and two others were more seriously injured.
The intersection was closed for more than an hour as crews cleared the wreckage.
Huntsville police are investigating.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it