Firefighters Put Out Grass Fire Under I-565
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Huntsville Police and firefighters shut down the exit from Memorial Parkway onto Interstate-565 east after a grassfire this afternoon. It started just before 2:00 p.m. in brush beneath an overpass, and two fire engines set up on the exit ramp to extinguish the flames and smoke below.
Two lanes of Memorial Parkway north were also closed for about a quarter mile. First responders have not released the cause of the fire, but WHNT News 19 is actively working to find out.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it