Didn’t Cut the Mustard:
Tienda Maya II at 316 Martling Rd in Albertville: Score of 82
- Failing to sanitize utensils.
- Cooked rice at108 degrees.
Viet Huong LLC Vietnamese Restaurant in Huntsville: Score of 80
- No one was left in charge of the kitchen.
- An employee was drinking in the kitchen from an open container and was chewing while putting up clean dishes.
- Pork was 64F and shrimp was 59F.
Golden Spoon Award:
Mason Dixon Bakery at 9009 Memorial Parkway SE in Huntsville: Score of 99
Keep in mind, at all restaurants in the state of Alabama, a satisfactory score is 85 or above. A score of 59 or less would result in an immediate suspension of a restaurant’s food permit and they would close.
An establishment that scores below 85 is required to correct their critical violations within 24 to 48 hours and be re-inspected within 60 days. A score of below 60 results in closure and the establishment will not be allowed to legally re-open until all critical violations are abated and their inspection score is 85 or above.
The Alabama Department of Public Health posts restaurant ratings on its website. Search for your favorite restaurant now and find out their score.