Veterans Memorial Expands Into Historic Train Depot Under New Plan
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT)– The historic train depot museum will break ground on a new gateway project connecting the museum with the Madison County Veterans Memorial.
Construction work will begin soon on new walkways, signs and a massive gateway connecting the north side of the Memorial with the Depot, according to Bart Williams, Early Works executive director.
The gateway is being funded with a grant from the Gothic Guild.
Officials say the project should be completed by Veterans Day this year.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it