Featured Job: Field Investigator 1
CACI is currently seeking independent 1099 contract investigators who are credentialed with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). Independent contractors are self employed and are not employees of CACI. Independent contractors are paid per investigative hour and receive mileage reimbursement, they are not eligible for employee benefits.
The independent contract investigator will conduct comprehensive interviews with subjects, employers, associates, references, and other knowledgeable individuals and review appropriate records to obtain the facts needed to resolve all material issues in a case or to establish the background, reputation, character, suitability, or qualifications of the subject under investigation. All information obtained is documented in a detailed report of investigation.
Must possess a favorable determination based on a single-scoped background investigation from OPM.
- Current OPM credentials
- Eighteen months of consecutive experience specializing in conducting background investigations on behalf of the OPM
- Ability to work independently utilizing a home-based office
- A current driver’s license and reliable transportation, plus be willing to travel in support of assignments
- Excellent writing, communication, time management, and problem solving skills
- Good judgment and strict confidentiality
- Possess a clean integrity record
- Intermediate laptop computer and typing skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet quality, production, and timeliness standards
- Ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of people in various settings
- A can-do attitude and a sense of mission in support of national security initiatives