Man Suffers Electrical Shock, 20-Foot Fall In Decatur
DECATUR, Ala. (WHNT) – A man fell 20 feet after suffering an electrical shock on Wednesday. He was hanging American flags in front of a business on Highway 67.
The incident happened about 1 p.m. The man, who works for Alabama Flag and Banner, was putting up flags in front of Honda of Decatur. He was in a bucket lift attached to a truck. During the process, one of the flag poles fell on an electrical line. The man was shocked and fell out of the bucket lift to the ground.
Emergency workers say the man was burned on his upper torso. He was flown to UAB’s Burn Center for treatment.
The man’s name has not been released.Submit Your Photo