Florence Police Investigating Home Invasions
FLORENCE, Ala. (WHNT) – Police are investigating two home invasions that have happened over a thirty-six hour period.
During the early morning hours of Sunday, police say the first home invasion took place on Minniehaha Avenue in eastern Florence.
According to police, two men burst into the home pulling the female victim from the bed and robbing her.
The latest invasion happened early Tuesday morning on Cypress Mill Road.
Florence Police say both cases are very similar.
“She was awoken; they were demanding money from her,” explained Sgt. Cliff Billingsley. “There was an altercation, and she was hit with what we think was a pistol.”
Billingsley said in both robberies, two men entered the home wearing masks and carrying guns.
Detectives believe these are not random acts against residents.
“The victims in both of these cases were targeted,” said Billingsley. “The offenders were just going after them at this time.”
Whether the victims were targeted or not, investigators said they will find the men behind these crimes and bring them to justice.
If you have any information that could help police catch these home invaders, please give the Shoals Area Crime Stoppers Tip Line a call at 256-386-8685.
Helping solve this crime could make you eligible for a cash reward.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it